Coconut oil ought to be a staple in every household! Its myriad of benefits ranges from cosmetics, healthier cooking and different uses around the house. In this article, I will show you why you need a bottle of coconut oil in your home and how it can positively impact your everyday life.
Cosmetically, coconut oil is a lifesaver. Having coconut oil on your vanity can provide many money-saving options and alternatives to conventional, expensive, chemical-infused products. Using coconut oil as a conditioner is extremely helpful to getting that beautiful glisten you look for when buying a conditioner at a store. It also strengthens your hair and makes hair fuller. When you use coconut oil as a face moisturizer, the natural antioxidants in it help to prevent wrinkles and irritation while giving you that smooth skin you work so hard for. You can also combine coconut oil with other natural ingredients to make lotions, soap bars , deodorants and lip balms.
Coconut oil is an extremely useful resource in the kitchen. My favorite ways to use it is to season my cast iron pans or use as cooking oil with fresh vegetables. Coconut oil is also the perfect addition to your morning smoothie. You can use coconut oil to make a variety of different snacks such as granola bars to add a healthy energy booster into the mix.
The benefits of coconut oil do not stop at the vanity or in the kitchen. By combining certain essential oils and coconut oil, you have yourself an effective, natural bug repellent. You can also use coconut oil in treats for pets and as a way to combat skin issues for those pets with irritation. Another effective use for coconut oil is rubbing small amounts into leather to act as a conditioner and keep the leather strong. My final, and favorite, coconut oil trick to use around the house is to moisturize your hands with coconut oil after washing dishes to avoid itchy, dried out skin.
By using these tricks and the many more you can find online, coconut oil can make a real difference in your life. Try your best to implement them one at a time and see for yourself how well they work for you!
Here is a list of eight surprising ways to use coconut oil!
- Many people do not realize that coconut oil works as the perfect moisturizer. Using coconut oil on your skin has shown to reduce wrinkles and give your skin a younger, more radiant look.
- Use coconut oil as massage oil. Coconut oil is already the base for many massage creams and moisturizers, so save money by going straight to the source.
- Toss your burning mouthwash for a bottle of coconut oil and try oil pulling instead. Coconut oil has been proven to reduce bad breath and fight against viruses or fungi in the mouth, as well as preventing tooth and gum decay.
- Avoid that nasty hairball your cat left for you in the hallway. Simply rub your cat’s feet with coconut oil and they will lick it off, preventing the formation of the hairball in the first place. You can also rub your cat’s coat with coconut oil to give it a healthier, fresher look.
- Enjoy healthier baked goods with coconut oil! Substituting coconut oil for butter in your next baking expedition will produce a healthier, fluffy and flakey baked treat.
- Stop buying expensive shaving cream when you could be using coconut oil. Rubbing coconut oil on your legs before shaving will make your skin soft enough to shave, while also giving your legs a younger, shinier look.
- Make your own deodorant. By mixing coconut oil, baking soda and 10 drops of your favorite essential oil, you can create a great smelling, healthy and effective deodorant in your own home. And it’s not loaded with harmful toxins!
- Boost your immune system by ingesting a combination of coconut oil and ginger. A study at the Khon Kean University Faculty of Public Health suggests that those who consumed the mixture had higher white blood cell counts which better prepared them for any viruses or diseases that attack their bodies.
How will you use coconut oil today?